2D Keying Template Artist
Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process and relationships. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have three locations, Los Angeles, New York City and Vancouver, Canada. Some of our recent credits include, Keanu, Everything Everything, Once Upon A Time, The 100, Arrow, Lemony Snicket’s; Series of Unfortunate Events, Man In the High Castle, Imaginary Mary and The Get Down.
“Visual Evolution” is our mission; we invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of visual effects. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there. We like a challenge. Do you?
Our Vancouver, BC location is currently seeking 2D Keying Template Artist for our upcoming season beginning August until May, 2018.
The Keying Template Artist is a compositor who is highly talented at keying. They are primarily responsible for creating keying templates and ensuring their successful implementation by the compositing teams.
- Generate high quality keys in a timely manner
- Create templates to disseminate keys to compositing teams
- Work ahead to create keying templates
- Get keys reviewed by 2D Leads & Supervisor
- Kick off keying templates with teams
- Troubleshoot utilization of templates at an artist or shot level as needed
- Mentor other artists in keying skills
- Proactively communicate with Supervisors and Production to ensure all necessary individuals and departments are aware of shot status and potential issues.
- Work with Supervisors and team members to address internal/external notes
- Work with Production to ensure internal and external deadlines and deliveries are met within assigned hours
- Attend dailies and other meetings as required
- Must be proficient in Nuke
- Minimum of 3 years live action visual effects compositing experience.
- Extensive experience with Keying/Edge Work Green Screen keys
- Experience in edge integration and repair (ie: edge extends, colour timing edges to match BG)
- Experience in determining the best methodology for the Greenscreen template
- Extensive experience with Template Building in Nuke for distribution to other artists
- Ability to work well with tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized
- Problem solving capabilities with a “solution-driven” attitude
- Strong attention to detail and follow through
- Experience in fast pace environment
- Silhouette a plus but not required
- Maya/Vray a plus but not required
- Demo reel demonstrating required skills with particular emphasis on Keying