We are currently looking for talented and experienced Lego® Digital Designer (LDD) /3D Concept Modeller in to work on LEGO ® 2!
Working closely with the Production Designer, Art Director to visually explore all aspects of the production, translating design ideas into a Lego based world. These designs will then inform the crew of the intended visual direction required for the movie
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Research and source as required any imagery to help with the production of the 3d concepts
- Utilising the existing library of assets from the previous Lego Movie productions and integrate them into the Animal Logic pipeline
- Produce quick sketch ideas and iterations to inform on intent as briefed
- Take a rough design through to a fully realized rendered 3d image
- Utilise LDD, Maya and other 3d software to realise images
- Work with the Hollywood Edition of Lego Digital Designer to complete a brief
- Prioritize and problem solve and multi-task to complete a brief
- Extensive knowledge of Lego, the product and LDD (Lego Digital Design tool)
- A strong portfolio of work that displays the ability to execute concept art for feature films, television and /or the gaming industry
- 2+ years plus experience on feature films and/or feature animation
- Strong experience with photo realistic and hard surfacing modelling/sculpting
- Experience with doing rapid iterations of a sculpt under the direction of the Art director and/or Production Designer
- Experience in designing Lego-built characters, props and environments
- Experience in producing conceptual modelling without a supplied design
- Ability to interpret 2d illustrations into 3d form without the need for extensive turnaround artwork
- The ability to create models that consider the camera lensing of the movie
- Experience of working in a feature film pipeline
- Experience using Maya, Z Brush and /or Mudbox
- The ability to work in a collaborative environment and take direction
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
If you are interested in applying for this position then please complete our online application form via our website http://www.animallogic.com
Why work for us?
- Family culture – we produce amazing award winning films in a culture that is passionate, fun, friendly and family oriented
- Benefits – We’ve got you covered from day one! Massage, dental, and an on-site gym, to name a few.
- Work/Life balance – we understand that people have families and activities outside of work, so we work hard to create a balance between work and life
- Social animals – join your co-workers in various social activities such as after work drinks, bake-offs, creative competitions and sporting events.
Animal Logic recently completed production on The LEGO® Ninjago Movie, The LEGO® Batman Movie, and The Great Wall. Animal Logic is currently in production on Peter Rabbit (2018) and The LEGO® Movie Sequel (2019). Other film credits include The LEGO® Movie, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Alien: Covenant, Avengers: Age of Ultron, The Great Gatsby, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole, 300, Happy Feet and The Matrix. Yes, that’s all us!
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic, Vancouver.