Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process and relationships. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have three locations, Los Angeles, New York City and Vancouver, Canada. Some of our recent credits include, Everything Everything, Once Upon A Time, The 100, Arrow, Lemony Snicket’s; Series of Unfortunate Events, Man In the High Castle, Imaginary Mary and The Get Down.
“Visual Evolution” is our mission; we invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of visual effects. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there. We like a challenge. Do you?
Our Vancouver, BC location is currently seeking a project specific CG Lead with strong shot finishing skill for our upcoming season, beginning July.
The CG Lead will work in a team environment taking direction from the project Supervisors and CG Supervisors, as well as work in conjunction with the 2D Leads to complete shots on various projects.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Work with CG and Department Supervisors, VFX Supervisor and other Leads to execute creative goals and maintain quality standards
- Together with 2D Lead, you are responsible for look development on CG environments and characters.
- Responsible for CG team hitting creative and technical notes during production, and for setting up any specific pipeline requirements.
- Overall responsible for tasking out a small CG team.
- Work includes on-the-box shot finishing
- Help guide and mentor junior artists.
- Make sure CG needs are communicated to other departments.
- Work with Producers to ensure deadlines and milestones are staying within budget.
- Strong communications skills; both verbal and written.
- Minimum 3 years experience in lead role
- Extensive experience in MAYA
- Experience in Vray
- Expert Knowledge in Lighting and Rendering
- Working knowledge of Shotgun
- Knowledge of Houdini Lighting a plus
- Knowledge of Yeti, nCloth an asset
- Knowledge in NUKE, Zbrush, MARI a plus
*Preference will be given to BC residents