We are currently seeking an exceptional Character Rigger to work on our hybrid feature film ‘Peter Rabbit’. This contract is scheduled to commence in May and runs through to August/September.
You will be working closely with a variety of departments including; R&D, Art, Modelling, Layout and Animation, to develop, implement and maintain character and prop assets for use in both Layout and Animation.
The following is required of all candidates:
- Two years experience working on creatures for feature film quality productions.
- Ability to troubleshoot and manage communication during the support phase of published rigs as they move through shots and departments.
- Able and comfortable working to specs as precisely or as creatively as a brief outlines.
- Eagerness to learn and share with your peers in a very development and learning oriented professional environment.
- Proficiency in Python and ability to navigate a large managed code base, or willingness to learn in a fast paced technical environment.
- Proficiency with a recent version of Maya and a strongly node-oriented approach to problems
The following will be highly regarded, but isn’t necessary:
- A good artistic eye and the necessary software dexterity to produce or correct shapes and models when it might tighten the feedback loop with another department.
- Foundational knowledge of trigonometry and linear algebra.
- Experience with character related simulation (soft tissues and localized secondary).
- Experience with cloth simulation.
If you are interested in applying for this position then please complete our online application form via our website http://www.animallogic.com
Animal Logic is one of the world’s most accomplished digital studios producing award winning, ground breaking and trail blazing animation, visual effects and design. If you think Animal, think Moulin Rouge, House of Flying Daggers, 300, The Great Gatsby, Happy Feet, Legend of the Guardians, BBC’s Walking with Dinosaurs 3D, Avengers: Age of Ultron and of course the blockbuster and BAFTA winning hit, The LEGO® Movie. Yes, that’s all us!