Fish Blowing Bubbles is hiring senior Concept Artists to develop concept artwork and matte paintings that fit the overall look and art style for an upcoming animated feature film project. The Concept Artists are responsible for providing production artwork, primarily environments, but also vehicles/props, effects and shot design, utilising both 2D and 3D approaches.
- 5+ years of experience doing concept art in film or games
- Excellent 2D skills and knowledge of traditional art techniques
- Experience working with 3D applications
- Knowledge of 3D software such as ZBrush, Maya and Nuke an asset
- Ability to design a variety of original concepts including: interior and exterior environments and accompanying scene objects
- Matte painting experience
- Create lighting, composition and mood colour studies of the environments
- Fluency in working with digital media (e.g. Photoshop)
- Ability to quickly render imaginative concepts from verbal and written direction
- Work well in and communicate ideas within a team environment
- A self-motivated individual with a strong work ethic
- A passion for films and visual effects
- Ability to guide less experienced artists in the decided art direction
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and portfolio to jobs(at)fishblowing.com, with “Concept Artist” and your name in the subject line. Please include your availability.