Are you an FX Artist interested in working with us on our first Animated Feature?!
What you’ll get to do:
- Understand the visual requirements for the film and in consultation with your Lead and Supervisor on procedures and techniques that will enable these to be met
- Contribute creative feedback in reviews
- Understand department pipeline including all assets and tools, and their purpose
- Take direction from Supervisor and/or Lead to develop particle and fluid simulations
- Take direction from Supervisor and/or Lead to develop techniques and rigs to achieve and optimize approved looks
- Understand the processes of adjoining departments (e.g. Lighting and Compositing) and communicate with these departments as needed
- Become proficient with the departments propriety tools
What you bring:
- 3+ years’ experience on feature films, TV and/or animated feature
- Experience in working on FX and simulations
- Proven ability and experience in Houdini FX tools (Maya experience a Bonus)
- Ability to craft Non Photoreal FX, from a creative brief
- General understanding of traditional animation techniques, i.e. squash and stretch, anticipation, and key framing
- Houdini: SOPs/DOPs/POPs essential
- Houdini: Vex and Python knowledge desirable
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to meet deadlines with high quality output
- Ability to efficiently organize and prioritize assigned tasks
- Attention to design and artistic detail
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
- Excellence in problem solving and balancing quick turnaround with long term quality.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to efficiently organise and prioritise work across multiple areas
Please include in your reel examples of:
- Complex and problem solving FX shot work
- Houdini simulations
- Any digital assets and setups you’ve contributed to, created or developed yourself
- Any macro FX or miniature FX work a bonus!
What do you value?
- Family culture – we produce amazing award winning films in a culture that is passionate, fun, friendly and family oriented
- Benefits – we’ve got you covered from day one! Massage, dental, and an on-site gym, to name a few
- Work/Life balance – we understand that people have families and activities outside of work, so we work hard to create a balance between work and life
- Social animals – join your co-workers in various social activities such as after work drinks, bake-offs, creative competitions and sporting events
Interested? Check out our online application form via the following link: http://grnh.se/tbs0j81
Animal Logic recently completed production on The LEGO® Batman Movie, The Great Wall and The LEGO® Ninjago Movie. Animal Logic is currently in production on Peter Rabbit (2018) and The LEGO® Movie Sequel (2019). See our new and improved website for more: https://www.animallogic.com/portfolio/projects/!
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic, Vancouver.