Everything will be awesome when you’re part of the team! Animal Logic – the studio that brought you The LEGO Movie – is looking for a Technical FX Artist to commence in October. This is a fulltime, contract role that reports to Artist Management.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provide highly technical solutions to creative briefs through utilizing workflow and Houdini capabilities
- Bring a very strong Python understanding which will assist in the develop of techniques and rigs to achieve and optimize approved looks with direction from Supervisor and/or Lead
- Develop particle and fluid simulations with direction from Supervisor and/or Lead
- Develop an understanding for the department pipeline including all assets and tools, and their purpose
- Accurately gauge time it takes to achieve tasks and hit deadlines consistently
- Understand the processes of adjoining departments (e.g. Lighting and Compositing) and communicate with these departments as needed
- Become proficient with the departments propriety tools
- Contribute creative feedback in reviews
- Be willing to assist/mentor junior team members with any technical/artistic challenges they may have
- 5 + years’ proven experience on feature films, TV and/or animated feature
- 5+ years’ proven experience in working on high quality FX and simulations using Houdini FX tools (Maya experience a Bonus)
- 2+ years’ experience in crowd/character FX is a plus
- Lighting/Surfacing/Shading experience a plus
- Ability to efficiently organize and prioritize assigned tasks
- Attention to design and artistic detail
- Ability to work solo as well as collaboratively within a team environment and when necessary to pass knowledge to other staff members.
- Excellence in problem solving and balancing quick turnaround with long term quality and ability to meet deadlines with high quality output.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to efficiently organise and prioritise work across multiple areas and work under pressure.
- Willing to learn, and contribute to the success of the team and project
- Ability to take direction and feedback and apply this to assets or shots moving forward; anticipating the supervisors and leads preference.
- Highly developed English written and oral communication skills and the ability to connect with a wide variety of personalities
Please include in your reel examples of:
- Complex and problem solving FX shot work
- Houdini simulations
- Any digital assets and setups you’ve contributed to, created or developed yourself
- Any macro FX or miniature FX work a bonus!
Salary range CAD$110 – 130k and extended medical benefits. In addition, we include a comprehensive benefits package with paid vacation time, extended medical and dental, AD&D, LTD and Life insurance. Relocation assistance provided if required. If you are interested in applying for this role please fill out our online application form via our website. http://www.animallogic.com/Careers/Jobs or contact us at email@example.com
Animal Logic recently completed production on The LEGO® Batman Movie, The Great Wall and The Master: A LEGO® Ninjago Short. Animal Logic is currently in production on, The LEGO® Ninjago Movie (2017), Peter Rabbit (2018) and The LEGO® Movie Sequel (2019). Other film credits include The LEGO® Movie, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Alien: Covenant, Avengers: Age of Ultron, The Great Gatsby, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole, 300, Happy Feet and The Matrix. Yes, that’s all us!
We are based in Sydney, LA and are now very excited to be establishing a presence in Vancouver within the creative precinct of Yaletown. Production on our first Vancouver-based animated feature commenced in January 2016 with more animated features in the pipeline. Our business and work location for this role is 840 Cambie Street, Vancouver.