Responsible for one or more of the following areas: rigging and enveloping hero to background creatures, vehicles and props in Maya, running cloth, hair, flesh, rigid body destruction, and crowd simulations. Able to wrangle rigging and creature pipeline issues proficiently under the direction and guidance of their supervisors.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Responsible for one or more of the following areas: rigging and enveloping in Maya, run cloth, hair, flesh, rigid body destruction, and crowd simulations
- Troubleshoot creature pipeline issues for artists in other disciplines
- Script utilities/tools/plug-ins in Maya
- Participate in reviews, dailies, and department meetings as required
- Mentor entry level artists
- Special projects as necessary
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Graphics, Computer Science, or related degree or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years experience
Required Skills / Competencies:
- Experience with Maya rigging for assets in digital animation, visual effects, games, or commercials.
- Experience running simulation shotwork.
- Experience in corrective sculpting. Knowledge of anatomy and enveloping
- Positive Attitude and team player
- Good communication skills
- Proficiency with Linux
Preferred Skills / Competencies:
- Experience with Massive or Houdini crowd software
- Basic proficiency in another discipline -modeling, texture, TD, animation
- Expertise with Maya
- Experience with python scripting