The FX Supervisor is primarily responsible for leading a team of Effects Technical Directors, and managing the daily operations of the Effects team and Production needs. The FX Supervisor will supervise the Effects team in both the technical and artistic aspects of the visual effects production.
- Supervise the Effects team to deliver the desired effect for the film.
- Provide constructive creative oversight and feedback to the Effects Technical Directors.
- Partner closely with show and production leadership to ensure the desired effects are delivered and that deadlines are met.
- Responsible for guiding the overall effects and simulations on schedule and budget.
- Partners with production management to provide artists with performance feedback, guidance, mentoring, resolving performance issues and maintaining positive morale amongst the crew.
- Attends all relevant meetings to promote effective communication throughout the production team
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Graphics or equivalent work experience.
- Expert Maya software, and knowledge and experience in Python, Hscript or Mel.
- 10+ years production experience, also with experience in a leadership/supervision role in film visual effects
- Highly proficient skills in technical problem solving
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal)
Skills / Competencies:
- Proficiency with Linux, Unix
- Expertise with Maya and Houdini
- Professional experience with python scripting
- Produced effects smoke, fire, dust, explosions, water, clouds, steam and particles.