Animal Logic is one of the world’s most accomplished digital studios producing award winning, ground breaking and trail blazing animation, visual effects and design.
We are currently looking for a Junior Modeller to join the team for our first Animated Feature in Vancouver! You will be working closely with a variety of departments; including R&D, Art, Rigging and Surfacing.
Candidates with the following skills are encouraged to apply:
- Ability to translate approved 3D sculptural form or concept art into production ready geometry
- Experience with large and complex CG environments
- Interest in ‘set dressing’
- Interest in pipeline and process
- Strong experience with photo realistic and hard surfacing modelling
- Technically aware of the requirements of rigging
- A good understanding of the needs of surfacing and an ability to provide good UV layouts of your models
- Ability to follow a brief and produce complex models to a high standard with a thorough understanding of shape, scale and form
- Production experience using Maya, Z Brush and/or Mudbox
- Experience with other software such as 3D coat, Speedtree and Vue would be an advantage
- A strong understanding of the topological requirements of subdivision surface for both static and deforming models
- An understanding of proper edge flow and polygon density
- Ability to provide topology and turntables examples
To be successful in this role, the following is required by all candidates:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Proven strong technical and visual skills
- Proven strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve
- Ability to work well with other in a team environment and when necessary to pass knowledge to other staff members
Why work for us?
- Family culture – we produce amazing award winning films in a culture that is passionate, fun, friendly and family oriented
- Benefits – We’ve got you covered from day one! Massage, dental, and an on-site gym, to name a few.
- Work/Life balance – we understand that people have families and activities outside of work, so we work hard to create a balance between work and life
- Social animals – join your co-workers in various social activities such as after work drinks, bake-offs, creative competitions and sporting events.
Interested? Please complete our online application form via our website http://www.animallogic.com/Careers/Jobs.
Animal Logic recently completed production on The LEGO® Batman Movie, The Great Wall and The Master: A LEGO® Ninjago Short. Animal Logic is currently in production on, The LEGO® Ninjago Movie (2017), Peter Rabbit (2018) and The LEGO® Movie Sequel (2019). Other film credits include The LEGO® Movie, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Alien: Covenant, Avengers: Age of Ultron, The Great Gatsby, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole, 300, Happy Feet and The Matrix. Yes, that’s all us!
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic, Vancouver.