Are you a Junior System Administrator?
The ideal candidate will be able to contribute to many aspects of our production network; including user support, OS management and scripting.
– Manage and troubleshoot hardware and software issues on user workstations running Mac, Linux, and occasionally Windows.
– Assist with misc. items, such as power issues, building issues, and other general issues
– Productively and neatly assist in ethernet cabling, power cabling, server setups and take downs, and deployments
– Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems
– Deploy workstations, render nodes, and servers for production use
– Act as a first point of contact for user issues
– Knowledge of OSX, CentOS/RHEL, Fedora
– Knowledge of and experience with networking concepts
– A proactive, curious, energetic, personality with the ability to troubleshoot any problem
– A strong desire and ability to learn and apply new knowledge and techniques
– Ability to lift a server or other similarly weighted item from time to time, independently
– Ability to troubleshoot without guidance for hardware, software, and networking issues
– Familiar with visual effects facility pipelines or similar
– A rooftop patio with a million dollar view of Melbourne
– Really, really good coffee
– Paid vacation days – four weeks per year!
– Paid sick days (cough!)
– A dedicated culture team that plans fun, rolls out fun & has fun!
– Mates, not colleagues