Zoic Studios is an award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process and relationships. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. “Visual Evolution” is our mission. We invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of Episodic Television. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there.
We are currently seeking VFX Producers for our Los Angeles studio located in Culver City. This is a freelance, full time position.
Summary of Position:
To oversee multiple projects: from bidding through completion of delivery. Work alongside supervisors and lead artists to manage an internal team, across 3 studios in multiple locations, ranging in size of five to twenty artists, depending on the project. Be responsible for overseeing the budget, shot tracking database, scheduling of resources and artist assignments, client and editorial contact. Ability to work in a fast-paced, tight deadline environment.
Knowledge of Shotgun tracking system preferred.
- Responsible for the overall financial and profitable well being of the project
- Detailed bidding process pulling reference from scripts, storyboards, and meetings
- Attention to daily individual artist assignments
- Organizing and publishing delivery calendars based on approved methodology breakdown
- Track and update progress of VFX shots in Shotgun
- Communicate daily with clients, editorial, and in-house management
- Push shots through our pipeline from work-in-progress to final, on a weekly basis
- Complete work within the timeframe allotted and on-budget
- Actualize budgets and project hours and dollars out to completion
- Work quickly and efficiently within established pipeline
- Must take direction well and adapt to changes
- Must have prior experience working for a VFX vendor
- Experience managing 3D and 2D artists in production
- Must have knowledge and experience budgeting VFX, breaking down scripts and boards
- Some nights, weekends, and travel required
- Ability to work within a structured team environment
- Problem solving skills, self starter, adapt to production changes, motivate artists and teams
- Knowledge of Word, Excel a must
- On-set experience a plus
- Experience with Shotgun a major plus
- Experience producing VFX for television clients a major plus.
*Must be able to work onsite at our Culver City location. Current Los Angeles residents a plus as we do not cover relocation/housing.