Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process and relationships. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. “Visual Evolution” is our mission. We invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of Episodic Television. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there.
We are currently looking for freelance Model/Texture artists for upcoming episodic work.
Modeling and/or Texturing artists will collaborate with the various other departments within the studio to create and complete assets as assigned. We are looking for both character and environment artists.
Modeling and/or Texturing artists work under the supervision of the CG Lead, CG Supervisor and VFX Supervisor.
- Create digital assets from both cyber scans and photographic reference that meets all production requirements
- Clean up / re-topo models as needed
- Ability to work self-directed and also follow specific direction when given
- Work closely with other departments to ensure assets created work through the pipeline
- Implement best practices and anticipate potential problems
- Pro-active team member who demonstrates a strong sense of creativity and respect for aesthetics
- Knowing and following all pipeline and studio policies and procedures
- Proficiency in Maya and ZBrush or Mari
- Good retopologizing and UV skills a must
- Experience creating high resolution hard surface and organic models
- Photorealistic texturing experience an asset
- Knowledge of V-ray an asset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail and follow through.
- Positive attitude, hard worker, flexible schedule for deliveries
- Experience working within film and television a must
Please provide a portfolio of work that demonstrates extensive production experience with modeling and/or texturing.
Zoic is a Maya/Vray/Nuke studio.
*Must be able to work onsite at Los Angeles location.