At INDG our mission is to make every product playable.
For many years, we have been helping multinational players like Philips, Adidas, Electrolux, Yamaha and Ralph Lauren from our bases in Amsterdam, New York, and Bucharest.
Our CG artists, interactive designers, and developers focus on creating virtual versions of our clients’ products, so lifelike it feels like you could reach out and touch them. Yes, at INDG we geek out to sexy technology like 3D modeling and AR, but behind the bits and bytes is an obsessive drive to design sophisticated technology and software solutions.
INDG is experiencing exciting growth and expansion. To help us on the challenging journey to create the most beautiful and best-performing experiences for both clients and customers, we are seeking a Bucharest-based:
Lead Artist – Rendering
Our product-based propositions require the finest CG-images at their centre. Working for clients like Yamaha, Adidas, Philips and Ralph Lauren, we visualize their products at a level where you will not be able to tell them apart from real-life or photography.
As a Lead Artist, your team will be working on creating photo-realistic renders and beautiful product animations that are part of our interactive solutions. The team members that report into you are CG artists skilled in rendering, lighting, materialization and animation, and together with them you will mainly work on projects for our clients within Consumer Products vertical.
You lead, train and coach your team and make sure they feel supported by you. As Lead, you will be accountable for the quality of the team’s output and for their personal development. Communication is an important part of this role as you will frequently communicate with Clients, Project management and obviously, your team.
• Provide ballpark figures and estimates, based on specific briefings
• Train, coach & motivate your team members
• Lead a team of around 5 CG artists by:
– Create and deliver the visuals
– Quality assurance
– Manage detailed-planning
– Divide work within a project
– Provide insightful input during project-evaluations
• Think of creative ways to solve client-briefings
• Be involved and think-along on ways to improve workflows and processes
• Contribute to our never-ending journey of quality improvement
• Excellent artistic skills with an emphasis on photorealistic product visualization and rendering animations
• Experience with 3DsMax, Photoshop, Aftereffects and Vray
• You will have both an artistic eye and know how to use technology in to your advantage.
• Experience with leading (project) teams
• Structured way of thinking, excellent estimating & planning skills
• Proactive, rigorous and nimble
• Strong communication skills
• A portfolio or showreel that demonstrates your seniority and relevant experience
• Fluent in English (written and spoken)
• Experience in GPU render engines
What we offer
If you join us you’ll be part of a young and creative team that is located in the center of Bucharest. The Bucharest team is part of INDG, a global CG- company with offices in Bucharest, Amsterdam, and New York. The CG teams work across three disciplines: VFX & Motion Graphics, Packshots & Illustrations, and real-time 3D assets.
CG/VFX Artists and Art Directors are supported by Technical Directors who continuously work on improving our 3DsMax based workflows. Examples of challenges the teams are facing include: how to best integrate CG into live action footage, visualizing steam or fire in a CG oven, cloths in a washing machine, and efficiently using cutting edge technologies. We work for large, international clients and are currently involved in challenging projects in different domains (automotive, electronics, architecture, and fashion). The past years the Bucharest office has become the main CG Studio where all our visual content is created. As mentioned, the head office is located in Amsterdam and as a firm believer of personal contact there regularly is scheduled back and forth traveling.
Besides always striving to deliver the best qualitative output, we also believe that a great working environment and having fun is important for our crew to perform up to their best ability. In addition to an environment where passion for technology and creative thinking is rewarded, INDG offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including training and career-development perks. Should your profile look like an ideal match, we would be happy to help you relocate to Bucharest.
Please check out our work:
Please send your resume, portfolio and cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org. A practical assessment will be part of the interview process. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our HR Department at +40746 143 097 or through e-mail at email@example.com.