A Roto Animation Artist is responsible for delivering high quality character roto-animation for feature films. They would be working closely alongside Matchmove Artists and Animators to create animation that matches the movement & silhouette of the selected character on the film backplate and that also moves realistically in 3D space. Successful applicants should have the ability to work well as part of a team and be capable of delivering work to meet deadlines.
– To roto-animate a variety of characters to match the film backplates for various film projects and maintain consistent shot quality
– To work closely with Roto Animation Supervisor / Leads to create convincing performances and motion of characters and objects in both screen and 3D space within the animation package for the addition of CG effects.
– To be able to follow direction and take ownership of your tasks.
– To be able to confidently flag when there are issues and lack of clarity of your tasks informing relevant supervisors and production managers.
– Do their best to stay positive and accept direction changes in an intense production environment.
– To be conscious of continuity between scenes when working with other Roto Animation Artists on the same character / rig.
– To organize their time, collaborate, and effectively communicate with their supervisors and team mates.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
– Similar role with 1+ years within feature films.
– Knowledge of 3D animation toolsets – Intermediate – knowledge of Maya required
– The candidate must thrive in a team environment and enjoy working with other artists.
– Candidates should demonstrate a good eye for detail and precision with strong problem-solving skills
– Able to deliver results to a high standard with the aid and direction of the Roto Animation Leads / Supervisors.
– Ability to be adaptable and accepting of changes in a production schedule.
– An understanding of the computer graphics production process and other departments/disciplines needs and requirements.
– Aware of project schedules and capable of delivering work to deadlines.
– An understanding of animation principles and work methods.
– Good communication skills both technically and creatively.
– Animation/drawing/sculpting skills a plus.