Are you a Matte Painter?
– Create photo realistic
– CG matte paintings that will be used as an element to either augment or replace live action footage
– Work with live action footage, digital still photography, rendered cg elements and digital paint to create believable environments that will be seamlessly integrated into the film
– Professional level Photoshop experience
– Comfortability in a variety of implementations, be it 2D backdrops, textured elements/fixes and complex 2.5D/3D projections.
– Thorough knowledge of advanced matte painting techniques including color space, digital paint techniques and Photoshop file management (be it file format, bit depth resolution or appropriate layering of elements).
– Technical proficiency in photography with an emphasis on perspective, composition, depth, lighting and colour.
– Working knowledge of the basic principles of 3D texture projections in Maya and Mari
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– Professional aptitude for time management in relation to bringing multiple priorities and tasks to completion within a set deadline.
– Resourceful, proactive, driven
– Location, location, location – 1 block from the beach
– Full healthcare benefits
– Paid sick days (cough!)
– Ping pong & arcade machine
– Multiple studio doggies
– A dedicated culture team that plans fun, rolls out fun & has fun!
– Mates, not colleagues