Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process and relationships. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. “Visual Evolution” is our mission. We invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of vfx. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive projects out there.
We are currently looking for freelance Environment Model/Texture artists for an upcoming new media project running through our commercial department.
Modeling & Texturing artists will collaborate with other departments within the studio to create and complete assets as assigned.
Modeling and/or Texturing artists work under the supervision of the CG Lead, CG Supervisor and VFX Supervisor.
- Create backgrounds and scenery —anything from architectural elements to plants/foliage from provided concept art.
- Map out necessary props and scenery elements that drive the story.
- Ability to work self-directed and also follow specific direction when given.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure assets created work through the pipeline.
- Implement best practices and anticipate potential problems.
- Pro-active team member who demonstrates a strong sense of creativity and respect for aesthetics.
- Knowing and following all pipeline and studio policies and procedures.
- Reel or portfolio demonstrating wireframes, uv layouts and/or texture maps.
- Proficiency in Maya and ZBrush or Mari.
- Experienced with Carbon Scatter a plus but not required.
- Good retopologizing and UV skills a must.
- Experience creating high resolution hard surface and organic models.
- Knowledge of V-ray a plus!
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail and follow through.
- Positive attitude, hard worker, flexible schedule for deliveries.
- Capable of taking criticism and positively contributing to the creative process.
- Experience working on hyper photo-realistic projects a plus!