Everything will be awesome when you’re part of the team! Animal Logic – the studio that brought you The LEGO Movie – is looking for an Asset TD. Work collaboratively with the Vancouver Department Supervisors, Sydney Department TDs and R&D teams to ensure a common and standardized approach to the workflow, tool development and support. This role is a full time contract role that reports directly to Artist Management and CG Supervisors.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for creative problem solving in relation to complex pipelines and assets, user support, environment and character pipeline development, environment shot assembly and technical direction
- Take responsibility for the optimization of the workflow of the department
- Work closely with the Department Supervisor to research and develop department specific tools, maintain existing tools and plan for the future show/studio needs
- Testing and validating new releases of pipeline tools both interactive (Maya/XSI) and automated (Farm) within these Production tool and Farm environments
- Ensuring the department is technically well supported
- Liaise with the R&D team to ensure compliance with current internal best practices
- Effectively report on and communicate issues and work arounds back to the Performance Departments and R&D, tracking and resolving issues in partnership with R&D
- Assist Artists with day to day issues and glitches and eventually escalating those issues through the right channels when they aren’t immediately addressable
- Anticipate potential issues and create fixes before problems arise
- Provide training to the artists for new tools
- Contribute to the documentation of the Asset department’s technical platform
- 3 + years’ proven TD experience on feature films, TV and/or animated feature
- 3 + years’ experience using and troubleshooting in software packages such as Maya, Mari
- Experience in XSI, Houdini, Nuke, considered a bonus
- Experience with a large facility pipeline
- Programming experience in Python
- The ability to code review and troubleshoot problems as they arise.
- Excellent in pro-active problem solving and finding solutions within the parameters you’re presented with
- Ability to work solo as well as collaboratively within a strong team environment; build relationships across departments, including global teams, and when necessary to pass knowledge to other staff members
- An adaptable approach, with the ability to balance your workload with the needs of the artists and production deadlines
- Ability to efficiently organize and prioritize work across multiple areas and work and remain calm under pressure
- Knowledge of source control systems, PyQt or other GUI toolkit
- Knowledge of concepts like data flow, data dependencies, Meta data, publishing and retrieval
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate in both a technical manner and artistic manner in English language
Salary range CAD$80 – 105k and extended medical benefits. In addition, we include a comprehensive benefits package with paid vacation time, extended medical and dental, AD&D, LTD and Life insurance. Relocation assistance provided if required. If you are interested in applying for this role please fill out our online application form via our website. http://www.animallogic.com/Careers/Jobs or contact us at email@example.com
Animal Logic recently completed production on The LEGO® Batman Movie, The Great Wall and The Master: A LEGO® Ninjago Short. Animal Logic is currently in production on, The LEGO® Ninjago Movie (2017), Peter Rabbit (2018) and The LEGO® Movie Sequel (2019). Other film credits include The LEGO® Movie, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Alien: Covenant, Avengers: Age of Ultron, The Great Gatsby, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole, 300, Happy Feet and The Matrix. Yes, that’s all us!
We are based in Sydney, LA and are now very excited to be establishing a presence in Vancouver within the creative precinct of Yaletown. Production on our first Vancouver-based animated feature has commenced with more animated features in the pipeline. Our business and work location for this role is 840 Cambie Street, Vancouver.