Production Supervisor – Animated Feature Films (Vancouver)
Everything will be awesome when you’re part of the team! Animal Logic – the studio that brought you The LEGO Movie – is looking for a Production Supervisor.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of all processes, procedures, outputs and deliverables for their respective department(s) and ensuring the outputs and interactions of those departments are aligned with production needs. This is a fulltime, contract role that reports to the Associate Producer and Production Manager.
Key Responsibilities include:
- A Production Supervisor is assigned to a specific group of departments and is an integral part of the management structure of these teams
- Assists the Production Manager and Associate Producer in assigning appropriate manpower and scheduling to ensure completion of their respective departments goals
- Responsible for the day to day running of their department(s), establish and execute schedules through production planning, coordination and troubleshooting
- Provides the department supervisors and artists with support to enable them to complete their work
- Supervises Production Coordinators within their department(s)
- Will work closely with other Production Supervisors to ensure that inventory moves smoothly from one department to the next
- Uses and contributes to the ongoing development of tracking/reporting documentation and in house tracking systems
- Completes special projects as needed or requested
Candidates with the following skills are encouraged to apply:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working within a production team on VFX or Animated productions
- Exceptional scheduling skills on CG animated/ VFX projects
- Thorough understanding of live-action and CG based VFX workflows
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel; MS Projects a plus
- Strong experience with database and production tracking software
- 3+ years’ experience supervising production staff
- Sincere enthusiasm for facilitating the work of artists in high pressure environments
- A passion for Animated projects
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong administrative and organisational skills
- Highly developed English written and oral communication skills and the ability to connect with a wide variety of personalities
- An ability to remain focused on the big picture without losing track of the details
Salary range CAD $80k+ and extended medical benefits. If you are interested in applying for this role please fill out our online application form via our website http://www.animallogic.com/Careers/Jobs or contact us at email@example.com
Animal Logic recently completed production on The LEGO® Batman Movie, The Great Wall and The Master: A LEGO® Ninjago Short. Animal Logic is currently in production on, The LEGO® Ninjago Movie (2017), Peter Rabbit (2018) and The LEGO® Movie Sequel (2019). Other film credits include The LEGO® Movie, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Alien: Covenant, Avengers: Age of Ultron, The Great Gatsby, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole, 300, Happy Feet and The Matrix. Yes, that’s all us!
We are based in Sydney, LA and are now very excited to be establishing a presence in Vancouver within the creative precinct of Yaletown. Production on our first Vancouver-based animated feature commenced in January 2016 with more animated features in the pipeline. Our business and work location for this role is 840 Cambie Street, Vancouver.