We are currently looking for an experienced Lighting artist to join our virtual production team on a high profile project. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience working with real-time lighting set-ups, ideally within Unity however applicants with other game engine knowledge should apply as well.
We are ideally looking for a candidate with a range of experience across shot lighting, asset/character look development as well as some rudimentary knowledge of compositing techniques within either live action or fully CG productions.
- Working closely with Lighting Lead, Virtual Production Developer and VFX Supe to develop realistic lighting solutions for the previs stage of production
- Look development of CG assets and characters
- Helping to deliver solutions on integrating Unity lighting set-ups into the existing Katana/Renderman pipeline.
- Working very closely with client-side supervisor to help realize the overall ‘look’ of CG sets and characters.
- Taking notes on work and offering creative or technical solutions to problems where necessary
- Knowledge of building Lighting rigs within a real-time environment essential
- Unity experience preferred but not a must-have
- Previous VR or virtual production experience would be a bonus
- Previous experience with Renderman preferable
- The ability to work collaboratively and creatively with a solution focused approach to problems
- Excellent communication skills across the production hierarchy.