Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process, and relationships. Partnership, integrity, and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have studios located in Los Angeles, Vancouver, and New York. Some of our recent credits include Iron Fist, Arrow, Series of Unfortunate Events, The Get Down, and Powerless.
“Visual Evolution” is our mission. We invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there.
Our Los Angeles location is currently seeking a Rigging Artist for work across divisions.
Summary of Position
The ideal candidate will have strong Maya skills, a good grasp of scripting, and the ability to manage multiple tasks in any given day. They will work closely with the Animation Lead to create innovative custom solutions to specific needs.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years production experience in rigging and animation
- Ability to work within a fast-paced team environment.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to our proprietary rigging pipeline.
- Positive attitude, hard worker, flexible schedule for deliveries.
- Solid knowledge of realistic biped, quadraped, and custom character set-up in Maya
- Production experience with Deformers, Constraints, Hierarchies, Utility Nodes, Interfaces
- Ability to learn and work within the boundaries of existing animation pipeline
- Experience with character dynamics (hair, cloth, rigid body)
- Experience with Python scripting in Maya
- Must have experience with scripting (Python, Mel)
- Knowledge of MayaApi, PyQt, Pyside a plus
Zoic is a Maya/VRay/Nuke studio.
*Must be able to work onsite at Culver City location. We have the best homemade guacamole in Culver City.