Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process and relationships. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have three locations, Los Angeles, New York City and Vancouver, Canada. Some of our recent credits include, Lemony Snicket’s: A Series of Unfortunate Events, Once Upon a Time, The 100, Arrow, & Zoo.
“Visual Evolution” is our mission; we invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of visual effects. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there. We like a challenge. Do you?
We are currently seeking a Rigging Supervisor for our Vancouver studio. This is a key position that will supervise the process of rigging of all assets through the pipeline; from concept to final renders. The ideal candidate will work closely with the Character/Concept, TD, and Animation pooled departments as well as show Supervisors, to ensure quality and efficiency through to project delivery. This is a 1 year, full time position with potential to be full time staff for the right candidate.
- Responsible for the technical developments needed to execute the work of the rigging department
- Collaborates with multiple department Supervisors including the Look Development Supervisor, Animation Supervisor, TD Supervisor and show specific VFX Supervisors to find the most appropriate solution to produce desired CG character performances
- Work closely in partnership with the Department Coordinator to distribute work to the rigging team according to production schedules, ensuring that timelines and quality are met
- Responsible for approving all assets as it relates to rigging
- Particular focus on improving the overall quality and efficiency of creatures/characters
- Responsible for multiple characters and projects simultaneously
- On-the-box duties as required
- Administrative duties including performance management of team, production meetings, dailies etc.
- Expert hands-on experience of rigging complex characters & creatures showcased by comprehensive reel.
- Past lead or supervisory role within Rigging department
- Experience with implementation of muscle systems
- Experience in MAYA based pipeline
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with particular focus on inter-departmental collaboration.
- Must be able to work within a fast paced environment
- Passion for high quality facial animation