Are you a Rigging TD?
– Develop realistic skeletal rigs for a variety of humanoids and complex creatures
– Build and maintain rigs currently in production using internal tools;
– Assist in the creation of new rigs and rig components;
– Perform rig maintenance and fixes during production;
– Collaborate with the team to continue to develop internal rigging framework.
– Create tools with the Maya API and MEL scripts to enable Animators to create realistic animation
– Work with Lead TD’s and Animators to develop and intergrate tools into a robust pipeline
– An extensive knowledge of anatomy and a thorough understanding of bio-mechanics, kinesiology for humanoid and animals
– A thorough understanding of weighting and skinning and be able to work interactively with modelers to resolve challenges
– Demonstrated ability to rig a variety of characters / objects in a realistic, non-cartoon manner
– Scripting skills in Maya API, MEL scripting, Python and/or Perl
– The ability to manage time and balance priorities, with the pressures of busy, deadline-driven production.
– The ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of personalities, both written and verbal.
– The ability to take direction and work in a team focused environment
– A solid work ethic and a positive attitude in the face of challenging situations
– A rooftop patio with a million dollar view of Melbourne
– Really, really good coffee
– Paid vacation days – four weeks per year!
– Paid sick days (cough!)
– A dedicated culture team that plans fun, rolls out fun & has fun!
– Mates, not colleagues