• Ability to create photorealistic environments using 2D, 2.5D and 3D projection methods.
• Must have strong artistic background, and a sharp eye for detail.
• A high comfort level with 3D tools and projecting in Nuke.
• Work with live action footage, digital still photography, rendered cg elements and digital paint to create believable environments that are to be seamlessly integrated into the film.
• This will require an artist who is comfortable in a variety of implementations, be it 2D backdrops, textured elements/fixes and complex 2.5D/3D projections.
• 5+ years of production experience.
• Demo reel required, high quality.
• Proficient with Photoshop and Maya.
• Knowledge of and some experience with Nuke.
• Thorough knowledge of advanced matte painting techniques including color space, digital paint techniques and Photoshop file management (file format, bit depth resolution or appropriate layering of elements).
• A good understanding and application of basic perspective as a basis for a form building/correcting strategy in the creation of the digital environments.
• Technical proficiency in photography with an emphasis on composition, depth, lighting and color.
• Working knowledge of the basic principles of 3D texture projections in Maya.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.