Are you a Senior Python Back End Engineer?
Luma Pictures is an Academy Award-nominated visual effects studio located a block from the beach near the Promenade in Santa Monica. You will work with our technical artists and front end developers to design and create a graph-based automation engine that will be the backbone of our film pipeline.
The right candidate is a superstar with proven experience designing, delivering, testing, and optimizing asynchronous systems in python, such as distributed task queues or RPC-like tools. We are not looking for a boilerplate Django web backend.
– Excellent written and oral communication skills
– Strong testing habits
– Desire to fix problems at the source, manifested in frequent contributions to open source projects
– Comfortable developing in a Linux environment
– Ability to work on-site in Santa Monica
– 5+ years python
– Distributed messaging systems such as zeromq, rabbitmq, redis
– Asynchronous programming such as gevent, tornado, asyncio, node.js, etc
– Serialization strategies such as json-schema, messagepack, protobufs, cap’n proto
– Deploying and optimizing WSGI servers such as uWSGI and gunicorn
– Experience using gevent and zeromq together (huge plus)
– Experience designing protocols
– Deployment automation, e.g. using fabric
– Celery or other task queues
– Python 3
– Location, location, location – 1 block from the beach in Santa Monica
– Full healthcare benefits
– Paid sick days (cough!)
– Ping pong & arcade machine
– Stocked kitchen
– A dedicated culture team that plans fun, rolls out fun & has fun!