We are hiring a Lead Software Developer for our visual effects toolset in our software team. Capable of delivering award-winning technical solutions to creative challenges we are looking for someone able lead the charge from software for the success and timely delivery of some of the most technically challenging and widely recognized movies in production.
To work hand-in-hand with our artists, providing the tools and technologies used to create the stunning imagery for our films. It is a highly dynamic environment, which requires a cool head, creative thinking and pragmatic problem solving. The team needs people who are able to take initiative, develop software of the highest quality, and think beyond the scope of each development task – our environment thrives on the ability to communicate complex problems in a simple form to team members, stakeholders and all the way through to users of the system. We require our developers to support the full life cycle of our software projects from design to maintenance, while constantly improving the software to address new challenges!
- Work with a local team as well as remote members to ensure that implementations are consistent with overall Software department strategy.
- Work with and mentor more junior members of the team to help resolve issues and solve problems.
- Communication of tasks, challenges and workflows across a globally distributed team.
- Design and architecting of cutting edge tools and technologies while maintaining existing stack.
- Building relationships with key artists and production staff.
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of Shading/Rendering at another facility (or facilities)
- 2+ years of being a Senior/Lead at another facility
- experience with PRMan highly beneficial
- experience with Katana highly beneficial
- experience with Arnold/Mantra/VRay a bonus
- Highly committed, passionate and able to lead and inspire a team.
- Positive attitude towards learning, sharing and mentoring.
- Extremely organized with good communication skills and an excellent attention to detail.
- Deadline orientated and ability to remain calm in a fast-paced and highly pressure environment.