The Jr. Stereo Compositor is responsible for 3D compositing and artifact removal. Work collaboratively within a team to meet tight deadlines with a consistent quality output. The Jr. Stereo Compositor will learn to effectively take a shot through all compositing processes and techniques including but not limited to: matte painting, rig removal, rotoscope, tracking, and set extensions.
The Jr. Stereo Compositor reports to the Lead Compositor, receiving additional support from Senior Compositors for all production related tasks.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Consistent output of high quality shots within set bid time and with limited client kickbacks.
– Adhere to the creative and technical direction of the Lead Stereo Compositors and Supervisors.
– Use industry standard and Legend3D proprietary tools to finalize shots within our conversion pipeline.
– Work and collaborate with the Lead Stereo Compositor, Production Coordinator, and Compositing Supervisor to assure efficient shot production.
– Stay current on all advances concerning our industry, software, and proprietary workflows associated with the Legend production pipeline and general compositing knowledge.
– Self-Prioritize large queue of work.
– Keep current with changes in workflow.
– Adhere to proper protocol and procedures.
– Participate in or complete additional tasks/special projects assigned by the Lead Stereo Compositor or Compositing Manager.
– Accredited Post-Secondary Artistic Degree or equivalent experience.
– Minimum 1 year live action Compositing experience on feature films, television, or high end commercial work on a conversion pipeline is preferred.
– Knowledge of Nuke preferred; After Effects, Mocha Pro, and/or other software packages an asset.Stereo Compositing experience is preferred but not required.
– Understanding of the creative side of 3D conversion is an asset
– Ability to problem solve both independently and within a team
– Professional knowledge of tools, techniques, and expectations of a compositing pipeline.
– Able to work in a Windows (PC) environment
– Exemplify a strong work ethic and enthusiastic demeanor to other artists.
– Strong time management skills and attention to detail regarding precision, colour, perspective and motion is an asset.
– Good artistic ability and understanding of core artistic concepts such as animation/movement, colour theory, anatomy, and perspective is an asset.
– Understanding of film making techniques is an asset.
– Must be able to remain seated in a stationary position for the majority of a shift (up to 90%).
– Must be able to use hands/fingers to operate a computer and other office machinery
– Will be working in a low-lit environment and may be subject to eye strain.
*Legend 3D is an equal opportunity employer.