Everything will be awesome when you’re part of the team! Animal Logic – the studio that brought you The LEGO Movie – is looking for a Stereographer.
The Stereographer is responsible for supervising, defining and implementing the successful technical and creative execution of the final stereoscopic output for the film while working in collaboration with the CG Supervisor, Production and R&D. This is a fulltime, contract role that reports to Artist Management.
- Ensuring that the films Stereoscopic execution and its final output support are in alignment with the film director’s vision for the film and its narrative
- Encouraging a broader awareness and understanding of stereoscopic techniques and opportunities to enhance the creative and narrative success of the film
- When required, partner with the CG Supervisor, R&D, Systems and Production management team to efficiently schedule stereoscopic work to ensure production budgets, milestones and delivery expectations are met
- Establish the depth script treatment for the film, including feedback regarding framing and staging with the Director, Layout Supervisor, and the Animation Director
- Attend all stereoscopic reviews with the Director and crew as required providing technical and creative guidance as it relates to stereography
- Work with related craft areas, including Layout, Animation, Editorial, FX and Lighting, to encourage a solid understanding and awareness of stereoscopic techniques, the opportunities it provides and potential technical challenges it may raise
- Mentors their team to continually grow and learn by sharing their expertise and guidance
- Understands the overall brief and goals of a project and communicates this clearly to each member of the team
- Delegates work responsibly to ensure successful completion of shots across team members of all skill levels
- 5 years minimum working on feature animation, VFX projects or TV Series in a senior position.
- Previous experience leading successful stereoscopic teams on digital feature film or VFX projects
- Previous experience working with large digital feature film production pipelines
- Professional experience and understanding of 3D software packages used in digital film production, in particular Maya, XSI and Nuke
- Expert knowledge of stereoscopic techniques and principles in a digital feature film environment
- Knowledge and thorough understanding of the cinematographic process and layout as it applies to digital feature films and stereography
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and problem solve
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
- Ability to work towards, and meet, deadlines while under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
- Highly developed English written and oral communication skills and the ability to connect with a wide variety of personalities
Salary range CAD$110 – 130k and extended medical benefits. In addition, we include a comprehensive benefits package with paid vacation time, extended medical and dental, AD&D, LTD and Life insurance. Relocation assistance provided if required. If you are interested in applying for this role please fill out our online application form via our website http://www.animallogic.com/Careers/Jobs or contact us at email@example.com
Animal Logic recently completed production on The LEGO® Batman Movie, The Great Wall and The Master: A LEGO® Ninjago Short. Animal Logic is currently in production on, The LEGO® Ninjago Movie (2017), Peter Rabbit (2018) and The LEGO® Movie Sequel (2019). Other film credits include The LEGO® Movie, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Alien: Covenant, Avengers: Age of Ultron, The Great Gatsby, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole, 300, Happy Feet and The Matrix. Yes, that’s all us!
We are based in Sydney, LA and are now very excited to be establishing a presence in Vancouver within the creative precinct of Yaletown. Production on our first Vancouver-based animated feature commenced in January 2016 with more animated features in the pipeline. Our business and work location for this role is 840 Cambie Street, Vancouver.