Project: LEGO® 2
Contract type: Contract
Technologies used: 3D Software such as Maya, XSI, and Nuke
We are currently looking for a Stereographer to work on LEGO® 2.
The Stereographer is responsible for supervising, defining and implementing the successful technical and creative execution of the final stereoscopic output for the film while working in collaboration with the CG Supervisor, Production and R&D.
- Ensuring that the films Stereoscopic execution and its final output support are in alignment with the film director’s vision for the film and its narrative
- Encouraging a broader awareness and understanding of stereoscopic techniques and opportunities to enhance the creative and narrative success of the film
- When required, partner with the CG Supervisor, R&D, Systems and Production management team to efficiently schedule stereoscopic work to ensure production budgets, milestones and delivery expectations are met
- Establish the depth script treatment for the film, including feedback regarding framing and staging with the Director, CG Supervisor, and the Animation Director
- Attend all stereoscopic reviews with the Director and crew as required providing technical and creative guidance as it relates to stereography
- Work with related craft areas, including Layout, Animation, Editorial, FX and Lighting, to encourage a solid understanding and awareness of stereoscopic techniques, the opportunities it provides and potential technical challenges it may raise
- Mentors their team to continually grow and learn by sharing their expertise and guidance.
- Understands the overall brief and goals of a project and communicates this clearly to each member of the team
- Delegates work responsibly to ensure successful completion of shots across team members of all skill levels
- 5 years minimum working on feature animation, VFX projects or TV Series in a senior position.
- Previous experience leading successful stereoscopic teams on digital feature film or VFX projects
- Previous experience working with large digital feature film production pipelines
- Professional experience and understanding of 3D software packages used in digital film production, in particular Maya, XSI and Nuke
- Expert knowledge of stereoscopic techniques and principles in a digital feature film environment
- Knowledge and thorough understanding of the cinematographic process and layout as it applies to digital feature films and stereography
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and problem solve
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
- Ability to work towards, and meet, deadlines while under pressure
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills and excellent attention to detail
Why work for us?
- Family culture – we produce amazing award winning films in a culture that is passionate, fun, friendly and family oriented
- Benefits – We’ve got you covered from day one! Massage, dental, and an on-site gym, to name a few.
- Work/Life balance – we understand that people have families and activities outside of work, so we work hard to create a balance between work and life
- Social animals – join your co-workers in various social activities such as after work drinks, bake-offs, creative competitions and sporting events.
Interested? Please complete our online application form via our website http://www.animallogic.com/Careers/Jobs.
Animal Logic is one of the world’s most accomplished digital studios producing award winning, ground breaking and trail blazing animation, visual effects and design. If you think Animal, think Moulin Rouge, House of Flying Daggers, 300, The Great Gatsby, Happy Feet, Legend of the Guardians, BBC’s Walking with Dinosaurs 3D, Avengers: Age of Ultron and of course the blockbuster and BAFTA winning hit, The LEGO® Movie. Yes, that’s all us!
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic, Vancouver.