Studio Production Manager
Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process and relationships. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have three locations, Los Angeles, New York City and Vancouver, Canada. Some of our recent credits include, Iron Fist, The 100, Arrow, Keeping Up with the Joneses, Imaginary Mary, Lemony Snicket’s, A Series of Unfortunate Events, and When We Rise.
“Visual Evolution” is our mission; we invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of visual effects. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there. We like a challenge. Do you?
Our New York studio is currently seeking a Production Manager to help run the day to day of production. This position reports to the Senior Vice Presidents and Head of the Production.
- Participate in key decision-making in conjunction with the management teams in both Los Angeles and Vancouver.
- Document, update, and communicate processes and policy.
- Work with Director of HR to process new hire paperwork and time cards.
- Work with the LA Recruiter to help recruit, interview, and hire talent for NY.
- Attend VFX functions in New York as it relates to recruiting and industry events.
- Participate and work with the Supervisors, Lead Artists, Producers, HOP’s to assign, schedule artists.
- Schedule the day to day artist assignments with support from the producers and HOP.
- Contribute to the mentorship and happiness of the creative team.
- Work with the artists and supervisors on pipeline integration.
- Contribute to the mentorship and happiness of the team.
- Help train new employees and freelancers across departments.
- Report back to the Los Angeles and Vancouver offices any Zoic NY tech issues, which affect the facility and the shows.
- Flag office building issues, as needed (i.e. notice of power going down, building construction, snow days, etc.).
- Manage the office process for tracking meals, travel, camera kits, car services, catering, etc.
- Manage office PA.
- Track and document employee vacation requests.
- Organize and produce the Zoic NY office events.
- Travel as deemed necessary between the three Zoic Studios offices.
- 4 + years of coordination experience on television and/or feature production.
- Production experience with Shotgun.
- Experience with EXCEL and Microsoft Office.
- Organized and highly detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Detailed note taking.
- Understanding of 3D/2D VFX pipelines.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, creative environment.
- Able to manage different personalities and good relationship building skills.
- Able to negotiate priorities between different shows vying for the same resources.
- Good at conflict resolution.
- Able to display diplomacy & level headed personality.
- Project coordination experience a plus.
- Artist coordination experience a plus.
*Must be able to work onsite at New York location. Current New York residents a plus as we do not cover relocation/housing.