We are looking for senior level Surfacing/Grooming artists to work on our hybrid feature ‘Peter Rabbit’.
Candidates with the following are encouraged to apply:
- A passion and an eye for making beautiful looking CG objects, environments and creatures, and a folio of work to demonstrate these abilities including examples of photo-realistic work, reference plate/material, turntable, UV layout
- 5 years + experience working on high quality shading, surfacing and texturing
- Highly developed skills with fur and feather grooming tools, such as Yeti, Shave and a Haircut or Maya an advantage for VFX roles
- Strong production experience in Maya
- Production experience in a modern ray-tracing software package
- A good understanding of material properties with regards to shading
- Experience using 3D painting software such as ‘Mari’ and/or ‘Mud Box’
- Previous experience in look development/surfacing for films and/or high end commercials
- Strong technical and visual skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- An interest and ability in lighting
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadlines
Our online application form can be found here: http://www.animallogic.com/Careers/Jobs
Animal Logic is an independent Australian company that has been at the forefront of creating digital content, award winning design, visual effects and animation for the film and television industries for over 25 years. With studios in Sydney and Vancouver and development offices in Sydney and Los Angeles, Animal Logic continues to forge new partnerships and collaborations with leading studios and filmmakers to develop and produce stories that resonate with a global audience.
Animal Logic recently delivered The LEGO® Batman Movie (2017), The Great Wall (2016) and The Master: A LEGO® Ninjago Short (2016) and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017). Animal Logic is currently in production on Alien: Covenant (2017), The LEGO® Ninjago Movie (2017), Peter Rabbit (2018) and The LEGO® Movie Sequel (2019). Other film credits include: The LEGO® Movie, Avengers: Age of Ultron, The Great Gatsby, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole, 300, Happy Feet and The Matrix.