Are you a Texturing/Look Dev TD interested in working on The LEGO ® Movie Sequel in Vancouver?!
The Texturing/Look Dev TDs at Animal Logic are responsible for giving models the visual surface qualities that make them appear believable. Look dev can encompass texture painting, procedural texturing, shading networks, sculpting, grooming and UV layout.
What you’ll get to do:
- Delving into the technical side of look dev to enable yourself and the team to produce high quality digital texture/lookdev work that meets all technical and aesthetic standards for the project
- Troubleshoot shaders and renders, as well as look dev tools and pipeline
- Create photo-realistic textures, either hand painted or procedural to a level of detail necessary for production assets
- Create photo-realistic (physically plausible) shading
- Create procedural grooms as required for the project
- Take direction from Surfacing Lead, and present solutions or questions
- Participate in reviews as required
- Pro-actively escalate technical issues to more senior artists or lead
- Complete assignments in a timely manner and adhere to set deadlines
- Assist with project clean up and archiving on an ongoing basis
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure all texturing/look dev works through the pipeline
What you’ll bring:
- 3+ years’ experience working on high quality texturing, shading and lookdev (preferably photo-realistic) for feature films, TV and/or animated features
- Thorough understanding of, and experience working in, a physically based shading system
- Proven ability with node-based procedural shading
- Experience with node-based or procedural grooming and/or set dressing tools
- Extensive production experience with Mari
- Extensive production experience in Maya and experience in a modern raytracing package
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Possess excellent organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and problem solve
- Willingness to learn and contribute to the success of the team and the project
- English written and oral communication skills and the ability to connect with a wide variety of personalities
- A traditional arts background in a relevant field is an advantage
- Experience with Nuke
- Experience sculpting with Mudbox, and scripting in Python and/or shader writing
Your demo reel with have (can be personal and/or professional work):
- Examples of procedural shading/texturing/groom – whether in Maya, Mari, Substance, Katana, XGen or other tools and packages
- Include the final result and screenshot of the node-graph or layer setup where applicable
- Examples of scripts/shaders written for surfacing workflows if applicable
- May be a recorded demo of what the script does, or code sample, or renders
Why work for us?
- Family culture – we produce amazing award winning films in a culture that is passionate, fun, friendly and family oriented
- Benefits – We’ve got you covered from day one! Massage, dental, and an on-site gym, to name a few.
- Work/Life balance – we understand that people have families and activities outside of work, so we work hard to create a balance between work and life
- Social animals – join your co-workers in various social activities such as after work drinks, bake-offs, creative competitions and sporting events.
Animal Logic recently completed production on The LEGO® Ninjago Movie and The LEGO® Batman Movie. Animal Logic is currently in production on, Peter Rabbit (2018) and The LEGO® Movie Sequel (2019). Other film credits include The LEGO® Movie, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Alien: Covenant, Avengers: Age of Ultron, The Great Gatsby, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole, 300, Happy Feet and The Matrix. Yes, that’s all us!
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic, Vancouver.