TECHNICAL DIRECTOR (STUDIO TD)
Blinkink are looking for a Technical Director for our growing north London studio.
Our work spans the full spectrum of animation techniques (2D, CGI, stop-frame, mixed-media) as well as lots of development, pre-vis and post work for live action and puppetry — across commercials, short films, music videos and development for TV projects. From character rigging to rendering (offline and real-time), this is an excellent opportunity for a hands-on creative TD to work on a variety of projects and provide leadership within the studio.
You will work closely with our Creative Lead, producers and directors to support pitches, projects and the wider goals of the studio. You’ll help resolve technical issues and support the directors’ artistic vision using new ideas (hardware and software). On projects, you’ll handle more highly technical tasks while making the visual and artistic quality a priority.
- Above-average knowledge of Python scripting
- Fluency in CG software C4D, Maya, 3DS Max, VRay, Arnold – general knowledge of all
- Experience in compositing workflows and software (AFX and Nuke)
- Awareness of 2D software as it related studio integration (Flash, TV Paint, Photoshop)
- Interest in pipeline creation/systems/tools creation
- A natural problem solver, an eye for detail. Communicative and generally helpful
- You love film and image making, storytelling, animation and VFX.
- Resourceful and tech-curious personality
- Good listener and puzzle solver
- Minimum 2 years experience in “the industry” (commercials or feature film)
NICE TO HAVE:
- Interest in UI design
- Hands-on photography skills
- Experience in game programming
- Experience in electronics
- You like making things
You will be based at our brand-new animation studio location in north London.
CVs and showreels to firstname.lastname@example.org