Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process and relationships. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have three locations, Los Angeles, New York City and Vancouver, Canada. Some of our recent credits include, Keanu, Everything Everything, Once Upon A Time, The 100, Arrow, Lemony Snicket’s; Series of Unfortunate Events, Man In the High Castle, Imaginary Mary and The Get Down.
“Visual Evolution” is our mission; we invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of visual effects. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there. We like a challenge. Do you?
Our Vancouver location is currently seeking a Technical Director Supervisor. This is a full time position.
The role of the TD Supervisor is to lead a team of Technical Directors and to bridge the gap between creative and technical challenges while providing support for the tools and technologies used to create high quality, photo-real visual effects. Your insight and experience will allow you to supervise and collaborate with a team of TDs, each one focused on their own discipline. The TD Supervisor works alongside other department Supervisors including, Concept & Design, Rigging & Character Development, Animation, Dynamics, Lighting and Compositing.
- Supervise a small team of TDs that will support artists, teams and projects.
- Work with other Supervisors to resolve a variety of production challenges.
- Work in conjunction with our Tools and Pipeline team.
- Contribute technical and user facing documentation.
- Attend production meetings as required.
- Perform administrative duties as required including assistance in recruiting for department and performance evaluations for your team.
- A Technical VFX Degree.
- Min. 4 years’ experience in a TD role within any VFX discipline; i.e. Rigging, FX, Lighting or Compositing.
- Min 3 years in Lead position within a VFX environment.
- Extensive knowledge of key VFX applications – Maya and Vray
- Working knowledge of Nuke.
- Knowledge of Houdini an asset.
- Knowledge of C++ or Python a bonus.
- Knowledge of 3D-related mathematics, an asset.
- Understand complex production workflows and constraints, and have the ability to communicate them effectively.
- Ability to stay calm and act as a role model to TD team as well as other departments.
- Ability to negotiate and collaborate within a high pressure environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.