Fish Blowing Bubbles is currently hiring a VFX Editor. The VFX Editor collaborates with the VFX Producers, Supervisor, and Artists to support the needs of the given show. The VFX Editor is responsible for processing all deliverables and reference material into organized timelines by sequence and show for reviews and delivery.
- Pull plates and elements from dailies and media
- Convert and rename to appropriate project format
- Process turnover, edit and update the databases
- Import and check new versions of VFX shots
- Provide reference to artists (line up, retiming, resizing, etc.)
- Manage media and storage
- Maintain editorial info in databases
- Prepare deliverables
- Prepare sequence edits for internal and client approvals
- Host any necessary review for VFX Supervisor, Producers, as well as editor and director
- 2+ years VFX editing experience in television and/or feature film industry
- Professional experience in editing
- Strong understanding of the VFX process and terminology
- Expert knowledge of Avid Media Composer
- Working knowledge of Hiero (Foundry)
- Knowledge of Nuke Studio and a shot tracking database system (Ftrack) is considered an asset, but not essential
- A working knowledge of digital formats, files, frame rates, resolutions, colourspace, and codecs
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail, great communication skills
- Ability to establish new work processes and methods with a creative approach to problem solving.
How to apply:
Please send your application and reel to jobs(at)fishblowing.com. Please put “VFX Editor” and your name in the subject line. Please include your availability.
For our in-house vacancies, applicants from outside the EU will require current and valid permission to work in Germany. We regret that we are unable to consider applicants from non-EU nationals who do not hold the appropriate documentation. All applicants are required to produce evidence of eligibility to live and work in Germany.