Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process and relationships. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have three locations, Los Angeles, New York City and Vancouver, Canada. Some of our recent credits include, Keanu, Everything Everything, Once Upon A Time, The 100, Arrow, Lemony Snicket’s; Series of Unfortunate Events, Man In the High Castle, Imaginary Mary and The Get Down.
“Visual Evolution” is our mission; we invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of visual effects. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there. We like a challenge. Do you?
Our Vancouver location is currently seeking a Senior VFX Supervisor for a variety of upcoming projects.
The Senior VFX Supervisor works under the Creative Director, and with our on-set Supervisors, to drive client’s creative vision forward and to completion.
- Communicate client direction to in house department supervisors and leads.
- Work with team on Look Development of VFX sequences.
- Manage performance and morale of in house artists.
- Provide artistic supervision throughout production process.
- Approve shots in conjunction with Creative Director.
- Work closely with Producers and Coordinators to establish and manage the project teams and budgets.
- Follow all studio policies and procedures.
- Keep up to date with internal techniques, tools & software.
- Share knowledge and techniques with other team members.
- Assist in overall team communication and contribute to positive work environment.
- Attend dailies as required
- Attend interviews and take part in recruitment when required.
- Attend management related meetings.
- Other reasonable duties as assigned
- Extensive experience in MAYA, VRAY, & NUKE.
- Working knowledge of Shotgun.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a studio VFX Supervisor.
- Past on-set experience as a VFX Supervisor is an asset.
- Experience delivering on an episodic schedule is an asset
- Script breakdown, bidding experience.
- Extensive client management experience required.
- Must be willing to work in variety of projects.
- Strong attention to detail and follow through.
- Ability to quickly assess needs & establish methodology in conjunction with budgeted hours.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills.
- Experience working in a high pace environment.