Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process and relationships. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have three locations, Los Angeles, New York City and Vancouver, Canada. Some of our recent credits include, Keanu, Everything Everything, Once Upon A Time, The 100, Arrow, Lemony Snicket’s; Series of Unfortunate Events, Man In the High Castle, Imaginary Mary and The Get Down.
“Visual Evolution” is our mission; we invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of visual effects. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there. We like a challenge. Do you?
Our Vancouver, BC location is currently seeking Lead Animator for our upcoming season beginning August.
The Lead Animator needs to have solid animation and character animation skills as well as strong organizational, administrative, leadership, and communication skills. As he, or she, is responsible for providing day to day performance feedback to the animators on their team, previous experience in a leadership role, with particular experience providing constructive artistic and job performance feedback, is highly desired.
- Attend dailies and touch base meetings as required
- Work with the rigging department to ensure that all rigs function properly for proposed shots.
- Act as a liaison between the supervisor and the animators as necessary.
- Spend time ‘on the box’ working on shots as required
- Meet with the Animation Supervisor daily to receive instructions & communicate workload.
- Monitor hours spent on shots and ensure artists are staying within bid/approved hours.
- Act as Character Lead for assigned characters as required
- Mentor junior artists
- Minimum 6 years experience animating in MAYA
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Minimum 2 years experience in a lead role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of physics and anatomy as it pertains to animation
- Artist mentorship experience a plus
- Must be able to work in both episodic and feature film projects
- Works well with tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized
- Problem solving capabilities with a “solution-driven” attitude
- Strong attention to detail and follow through
- Experience in fast pace environment